Fire Starter Festival is supported by Collective Leadership Scotland, but the majority of events are hosted by partners and colleagues from across Scotland’s public services.
The next Fire Starter Festival will be held between 27th January and 14th February 2020.
Core Principles and Ethos of Fire Starter Festival
The Fire Starter Festival has been designed to celebrate the various creative, innovative, even dangerous ways in which we are all contributing to the transformation of our Public Services. Events hosted during the festival must be:
- free to attend – there is no charge for participation in Fire Starter events.
- accessible and open – events must be open to participants, no matter their organisation or background.
- self-organised – events must be organised by those hosting them and their partners. Unfortunately the Fire Starter Festival team has limited capacity and cannot support, resource or fund events.
We also think that events hosted during the Fire Starter Festival should fit comfortably within our aims and ethos. Fire Starter events should:
- celebrate and share creative, innovative and dangerous ways in which you and your partners are transforming public services.
- give participants opportunities to hear about and get involved in areas of work which they may not have been exposed to before.
- be hosted in creative, different and engaging ways, making best use of your talents, skills and interests, both in and out of work.
- make use of different spaces, venues and locations across Scotland, both indoor and outdoor.
Benefits of Fire Starter Festival
You may want to host a bespoke event on a theme, topic or area of work you feel aligns to our ethos. Either way, there are many benefits to projects, programmes and organisations who host events through the Fire Starter Festival, including opportunities to:
- showcase your work.
- extend networks and develop ideas with new partners.
- participate in a national platform evidencing innovation and creativity in public service.
- collaborate and use public resources more effectively and efficiently.
- help shape the future of public services..
Roles and Responsibility
We hope that you will join us and add an event to the Fire Starter Festival programme. To help you, below are a few of the responsibilities we hold as festival organisers, as well as a few of the responsibilities we expect event hosts to take on. You can see more about that in our partnership agreement.
Our Role – Fire Starter Festival Organisers
- We will maintain the overall programme for the Fire Starter Festival, and will help you choose a date, venue, topic or partners to maximise the impact of your event.
- We will host and organise the Launch event of the Festival (in Scotland).
- We will host all Fire Starter Festival events on our events calendar on our website, maximising the reach and engagement for all events. All hosts will be given editorial rights over their events, though we can offer support in using the portal.
- We will share all Fire Starter events in the Festival Programme, which will be circulated widely around public and third sector networks in Scotland.
- We will publicise the Fire Starter Festival as a whole, and will help you to make connections to new sectors and organisations.
Your Role – Event Hosts
- You, and your event partners, will resource all facilitation and administration required to put on your event. We have a small team and unfortunately cannot offer support for individual events.
- You will publicise your event (and hopefully the festival as a whole) to your networks. The most successful events are those that have been publicised by hosts as well as the Fire Starter Festival organisers.
- You will share outputs from your event – whether photos, case studies, videos or evaluations – with the Fire Starter Festival organisers, to help us build evidence of the impact of the festival.
- You will have fun! Fire Starter Festival is all about creativity and innovation – we hope you will keep the spirit of creativity and play with you throughout the process of participating in the festival.
If you’re wondering whether your event fits within this programme, please contact us to discuss further.